This self-paced course provides an overview of general chemistry topics important in organic chemistry and assumes you've had some chemistry (AP or Gen. Chem. is sufficient).
After studying this unit you should be able to:
- Define and construct ground state and valence shell electron configurations.
- Quickly determine hybridization of atoms in molecules and relate hybridization with geometry.
- Identify lone pair (non-bonding electrons) and determine formal charges of atoms.
- Understanding the main intermolecular forces important in organic chemistry.
- Define and identify acids/bases by various definitions.